Top 10 reasons why John McCain lost this election
1. George W. Bush
2. The Iraq war
3. The economic implosion this fall.
4. Without the national security card McCain couldn’t win.
5. Hillary Clinton made Barack Obama a better candidate than he ever would have been on his own.
6. McCain picked Sarah Palin without vetting her, and believed she was interchangeable with Hillary Clinton.
7. McCain and his team bought the notion of the mythical anti Obama Hillary block and doubted that Hillary Clinton, along with Bill Clinton, would bring her supporters home (in droves).
8. McCain and his team botched the roll out of Sarah Palin, throwing her into the deep end of the media pool, instead of letting her wade with the wingnuts and radio barkers who would have protected her.
9. McCain turned into a candidate no one recognized, sacrificing his core “maverick” message.
10. McCain and his team misjudged, underestimated and disrespected the formidable talent of Barack Obama and the team he put together.
by Taylor Marsh