The Tea Baggers can’t make up their mind
The Tea Baggers can’t make up their mind. The people at the DC rally today said government is too big and stay out of my wallet. The Tea Baggers outside Cape Canaveral today want more government money for NASA. So let me see if I understand this, it’s less government when it’s assisting the poor and providing unemployment and health benefits to those in need. It’s more government when it’s $$ for NASA, farmer subsidies, and it’s their job that’s being cut. Nice platform Tea Baggers.
No comments yet.
- 864,439 hits
- Nevada Journalist Jon Ralston: Sean Hannity's Championing Of Nevada Rancher Is "Totally Irresponsible"
- Politico's Ken Vogel: Mark Levin's Political Endorsements "Flip[ped] Completely" In Conjunction With His Tea Party Backer's
- Fox Champions Bundy Supporters Who Threatened Violence Against Federal Agents
- Fox News Carnival Barkers Gin Up A Range War
- WSJ Sold On Ineffective And Potentially Unconstitutional Surveillance Of American Muslims
- Yet another reason to hate the Supreme Court: a recent ruling makes it easier for payday lenders to prey upon the poor
- Morning music, Patti Smith, "Easter"
- Step aside, Hillary shoe truthers! Here come the Hillary grandbaby truthers!
- An idea whose time has come: jail time for wage theft
- Did someone say patrimonial capitalism? The White House hosts a meeting of teenage billionaire "philanthropists"
- Lawsuit: Texas Hospital Caved to Anti-Abortion Activists' Demands
- SPECIAL EVENT: "Noah" Director Darren Aronofsky Discusses Faith and the Environment
- Mitch McConnell Says He Stood Up for Women in a Senate Sexual-Harassment Scandal. The Real Story Is Damning.
- Why Jeb Bush's Greatest Political Achievement Could Sink a White House Run
- Jared Diamond: We Could Be Living in a New Stone Age by 2114
- More Than 3 Million Smartphones Were Stolen Last Year
- Four Years After The Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, The Gulf Is Still Suffering
- There’s A Hidden Timebomb In The Senate Rules That Will Go Off If A Supreme Court Justice Retires
- New York Times’ David Brooks Says Obama Has ‘A Manhood Problem In The Middle East’
- Four Bad Things We Learned About The Epic California Drought This Week
- Everything Old West Is New Again, Only Better ArmedCliven Bundy, whose family’s been ranching in Bunkerville near Las Vegas since 1877 thanks to the federal Homestead Act and whose hundreds of supporters, including armed supporters, recently won a standoff with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) along Highway 15 in southern Nevada, doesn’t look like Bill Murray, but his scene strongly reminds me of Groundho […]
- Karen Lewis to Headline May 1 Rally To Defend Public Education in Madison!By: The Progressive StaffDo you live in Madison, Wisconsin? What are you doing this May Day? Help us raise the roof at the Monona Terrace! Join The Progressive for the "Rally to Defend Public Education,"which will be headline by two compelling speakers.Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis and John Kuhn, a Texas school superintendent. They h […]
- Wisdom from Gabriel García MárquezBy: Gabriel García MárquezThe great Latin American novelist died on Thursday. Here’s an excerpt from his speech when he accepted the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982: "On a day like today, my master William Faulkner said, "I decline to accept the end of man." I would fall unworthy of standing in this place that was his, if I were not fully a […]
- Don’t Let Jeb Bush’s Moderation Confuse YouBy: Jose Miguel LeyvaJeb Bush’s recent compassionate comments on immigration show how far apart he is from the far right of the Republican Party. At an event at the George H. W. Bush presidential library, the former Florida governor showed sympathy for people who come to the United States illegally. They come here, he said, because mothers and fathers are “w […]
- Condoleezza Rice Is All Wrong on Ukraine CrisisBy: Clarence LusaneCondoleezza Rice has reemerged in the midst of the Ukraine crisis, and she is offering unhelpful advice. Rice, who served as national security adviser and then secretary of state under Pres. George W. Bush, is taking the neoconservative line on Ukraine. She is repeatedly criticizing Pres. Obama for not responding more aggressively to Vladi […]
- Everything Old West Is New Again, Only Better Armed